ECON 523. Empirical Analysis III
Up to date as of 14 April 2013
- Word or pdf document (main document)
- data that do-file uses to create results
- I want you to explain to me what you are doing,using language consistent with the level of this class
- The main project document will contain tables that look professional.
- Each table/calculation in the work you are replicating will appear in your paper and, while the tables need not be identical in format, your tables should display the results in a manner that is clean and easy-to-compare with the original
- You do not need to replicate graphics
- Focus on methods and differences between your results and original results
- Document should contain a short explanation/summary of the paper, where you obtained your data, what choices you made about data when judgement was called for, etc.
- All tables are contained in this document
- Explain any major differences between your results and the original, and discuss extensions if you did any
- Most of the document will be tables --- you don't need a lot of writing to get a good mark, but don't skimp so much that you make it hard to read
- I should be able to take this file and run it on my machine to create your results